Very often people do not realise how important packaging is. Years back we learnt hard lessons when our company did not invest enough in packaging. We believed that shipping in standard carton boxes was sufficient but, in the end, boxes were arriving to our customers damaged, open and with some products missing and partially damaged.
Today it’s a different story. We put just as much thought and effort into our packaging as we do for the rest of our products.
In our industry it is still the common practice of many to save on packaging. That’s not the Kingly way. We have a policy that ensures that all our goods are delivered in pristine condition.
THE SEVEN FUNCTIONS OF PACKAGING.
Have you ever heard of the Seven Functions of Packaging? We abide by these rules in every aspect of our packaging.
- Attract Buyers Attention: we offer attractive packaging solutions along with a free design service.
- Protect goods inside the packaging: we always use the correct type of carton to ensure there is no damage to products inside boxes. Each and every box that leaves Kingly is bound with PET strapping to avoid accidental opening during transit. In addition to that, and when the need arises, we use shrink wrapping as an additional protective barrier.
- Be easy to open and use: we offer easy opening systems such as sliding inner boxes and perforations, allowing boxes to be opened in seconds.
- Describe and provide information about the contents: we always supply complete information about the product content at all times.
- Explain the benefits of the goods inside: before the boxes are opened all relevant information outlining the benefits of the product is shown.
- Provide warranty, warnings, and consumer information: as a rule all markings are on boxes.
- Give value, price, and indicate use: we offer cost effective packaging solutions to meet customers budgets at all times.
An increasing number of people are becoming more aware of the advantages of cardboard packaging over boxes and foils made of plastic – beginning with the impact on our environment, and resulting in the increased responsibility, that our customers feel and the resulting demand for ecologically sustainable products.
Any of our partners share this same belief and are certified and use cardboard from renewable sources.
As the world’s most trusted sustainable forest management solution, FSC labelling tells customers that the materials used originate from sustainable and legal sources.
We are proud to be working with FSC certified suppliers.
Demand for packaging to be renewable and responsibly sourced has never been greater. As consumers are increasingly looking for information on the sustainability of the products they buy, the role of retailers and packaging producers is becoming more relevant. In a global consumer survey conducted by Globescan, 82% of the respondents who recalled purchasing FSC labelled products said they are influenced by the label when buying. The FSC label is therefore a powerful tool that can help retailers and brand owners to communicate their commitment to sustainable forest management.
Consumers are paying more and more attention to their purchasing decisions when it comes to packaging. According to a recent survey of consumers from the US & UK by Globalwebindex, the percentage of consumers who are willing to pay more for eco-friendly packaging has grown from 47% to 59% in just seven years. The Globescan survey found that 50% of the surveyed consumers worldwide (a total of 10,000 consumers were surveyed from 13 countries) recognise the FSC label and they trust that FSC is effective in protecting forests.